I am a director at MKI Legal with over 10 years’ of experience working in employment law.
In 2022, I was recognised by Doyles as leading employment lawyer in Perth.
I have been featured as an expert employment lawyer in news.com.au, on 2GB radio, Fox Sport, Herald Sun, 6PR radio, New Zealand Herald, Triple M radio, the West Australian and many others.
I am able to help employees, contractors and businesses understand and take action to protect their employment law rights.
How I Help Employees
- If you have been dismissed, I can help you understand if your dismissal was fair and whether you have a claim. If you have a case, I can prepare the legal documents and represent you at conciliations, mediations and at trial if necessary.
- I often advise on redundancy especially if the redundancy is genuine.
- I assist employees who have been bullied or harassed take action to stop this negative treatment and to protect their rights.
- I assist employees who are under investigation or have been accused of wrongdoing defend themselves and clear their name.
- I help employees who on a performance management implement strategies with the aim of having the performance management removed.
- I help employees who have not been paid correctly get what they are fairly owed.
How I Help Contractors
- I help contractors understand and negotiate their contractor agreements.
- I advise whether they have been properly classified as a contractor or whether an employee classification is more appropriate.,
- I help contractors who have had their contract terminated unlawfully.
How I Help Businesses
- I can help defend dismissal claims filed against a business.
- I advice on redundancy if certain positions are no longer required due to a slowdown.
- I investigate any complaints or allegations.
- I assist businesses implement appropriate disciplinary action.
Memberships and Qualifications
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor in Western Australia Supreme Court in 2008.
- Admitted as a lawyer in the High Court in 2008.
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business 2007.
- Member of the Law Society of Western Australia.
- Member of the Industrial Relation Society of Western Australia.