A tailor-made employment contract protects the business from risk in the following ways:
- Ensuring employees are paid their lawful entitlements. A failure to pay lawful entitlements can expose the business to penalties.
- Protecting confidential information of the business, including after the employment has ceased.
- Protecting the business from employees competing with the business in permitted circumstances.
- Protecting intellectual property rights of the business.
- Setting expectations for employees, including their duties and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring employees do not perform unauthorised work for another business or a competitor during employment.
- Setting a procedure in respect to termination and dispute resolution.
We can also assist in preparing workplace policies and procedures.
We can draft policies and procedures in respect to:
- IT use including social media.
- Permitted leave.
- Conflict of interest.
- Drug and alcohol policy.
- Grievance and dispute resolution.
- Anti-harassment and anti-bullying.
- Performance management policy.
- Other customised policies the business requires to undertake successful operations.
FWC Orders Compensation for Employee over ‘Surprising’ Dismissal : Lessons from bullying and harassment lawyers