A tailor-made employment contract protects the business from risk in the following ways:
- Ensuring employees are paid their lawful entitlements. A failure to pay lawful entitlements can expose the business to penalties.
- Protecting confidential information of the business, including after the employment has ceased.
- Protecting the business from employees competing with the business in permitted circumstances.
- Protecting intellectual property rights of the business.
- Setting expectations for employees, including their duties and contractual obligations.
- Ensuring employees do not perform unauthorised work for another business or a competitor during employment.
- Setting a procedure in respect to termination and dispute resolution.
We can also assist in preparing workplace policies and procedures.
We can draft policies and procedures in respect to:
- IT use including social media.
- Permitted leave.
- Conflict of interest.
- Drug and alcohol policy.
- Grievance and dispute resolution.
- Anti-harassment and anti-bullying.
- Performance management policy.
- Other customised policies the business requires to undertake successful operations.
Repeated instances of inappropriate, unprofessional conduct and neglect of duties found to be valid reasons for termination
FWC Orders Compensation for Employee over ‘Surprising’ Dismissal : Lessons from bullying and harassment lawyers