MKI Legal has extensive experience in advising contractors in respect to their rights and obligations regarding contractor agreements. MKI Legal also has experience in preparing contractor agreements.
Some of the matters to take into account when reviewing or preparing a contractor agreement are:
- Ensuring the indemnity provisions are fair and reasonable, and ensuring that the contractor understands the indemnity risks.
- Advising on whether the contractor arrangement is genuine and any risks associated with being declared an employment relationship.
- Any restrictions on undertaking work for other people or entities.
- Advising in respect to insurance obligations.
- Advising in respect to procedures regarding delegation of work.
- Advising in respect to any unfair contractor terms.
- Advising in respect to payment obligations, timeframes, invoicing and other associated matters.
- Advising in respect to superannuation.
- Advising in respect to any issue on intellectual property.
- Advising in respect to termination.
- Advising in regard to confidentiality and any restraint provisions.